Wednesday, April 9, 2014

[review] boscia - tsubaki beauty oil.

Recently, I've been getting questions on what I use for my daily skincare routine, so I just wanted to share the products I use.  Granted, I've had fairly clear skin all my life, this is just what I use and I'm sharing my thoughts on it.  I used to only use straight up body lotion for my face for years until I learned that there was a difference between facial moisturizers and body lotion.  I started using facial moisturizers from brands such as Cetaphil, Mary Kay, Clinique, and etc.  I applied them twice a day, but my skin would still occasionally get dry from time to time.  Due to stress from school and not sleeping properly, the health of my skin started to go down the drain.  I started getting random redness and a few dots here and there on my face.  I didn't worry about it as I would sometimes get it from time to time, but after a few months they didn't go away so I finally started researching for new skincare products again.  One of them I bought was the Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil that was recommended by my friend.  Tsubaki means Camellia in Japanese and apparently is a good source for moisturizing the skin.  I have dry skin so she recommended this since it was an oil focused on moisturizing.

Front and back of the packaging it came in.  I really like how elegant it is and how it gives off a sheen.  The directions on how to apply are all on the back of the box.  Based on the ingredients on the box, the ingredients seem to all be natural, and it does not contain parabens, sulfates, or phthalates.  You can read more about it on their website.
You can see that the oil is kept in a glass bottle with a dropper for application since you're not supposed to use a lot of it.  It was pricey, around $45-50, but 50mL and a few drops per application can go a long way.
I applied a few drops onto my hand; its clear and has a nice flowery scent.  Of course it's an oil so it wasn't super liquidy, but it wasn't like olive oil thick.
It was easy to spread and it wasn't too oily, but it does look slightly oily when I put it on my face hence why I only use it during night time.  I don't have oily skin so it's not that big of a deal.  There is a bit of sheen from the oil.  But when I leave it on over night, the next morning my face absorbs it all and there's no hint of oiliness.
I can't say that my face was instantly moisturized the next day, but over a week or two later, along with the other skincare products I used, my skin became baby soft and clear.  The redness went away and so did the dots on my face.  I've been using this for over a month now and my skin is as soft and clear as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angel Wing Heart